Start your engines and prepare to take off — Dream Engines: Nomad Cities is flying off to Early Access on July 14th on Steam and Epic Games Store for $29.99/€29.99, with a release discount of -10%! This anticipated survival city-building game by indie studio Suncrash puts you in charge of a flying city in a wacky post-apocalyptic world. As its leader, you’ll control a Steambot named Tiny as you explore and search for resources in nightmare-infested wildernesses and design an automated production system to help your city grow and take care of your people’s needs. You’ll research new technologies, craft new equipment, and build massive fortifications in a never-ending battle for survival.
Your city’s defenses, with Tiny’s assistance, will protect it from constant attacks from the Dream Plagues, but you need to be prepared, you won’t be able to hold them off forever as their forces grow stronger and stronger. Luckily for your people, when they become too much to handle, you’ll take wings and fly your city somewhere safe, taking with you whatever buildings and resources that you can, and choosing which will have to be left behind. Review keys will be available soon, email us to request yours.
Along with this release date announcement, Suncrash is also releasing the Early Access trailer of Dream Engines: Nomad Cities today. Watch it below these lines!
ABOUT THE GAME
Dream Engines: Nomad Cities is an award-winning survival city-building game with flying cities. Explore a nightmare-infested land with your steambot Tiny while gathering scraps, searching for resources to exploit, and investigating the mysterious ruins of the Ancients. Fight the Dream Plagues in hand-to-hand or ranged combat. Gather resources to grow your city, design an automated production system, and research new technologies. Build fortifications to defend your flying city and survive in this wacky post-apocalyptic world full of weird science and dreams. Expand while always balancing between the essential infrastructure and the disposable – when the Dream Plagues grow too dangerous, you’ll be forced to fly away in search of a better place, and your limited fuel and weight capacity will force you to leave some things behind. Once you leave, you’ll have a chance to continue your efforts in a new land – and hit the ground running with everything you were able to take with you!
Dream Engines won the Best Game In Conference award in Games Gathering 2020’s Indie Blast competition, and was a finalist in Digital Dragons Indie Celebration 2021.
- Build a productive flying city. Design an efficient automated industry to make the most of your limited time and space before you are overrun.
- Find and exploit scarce resources across different maps and biomes. Every biome has different resources, challenges, and opportunities.
- Explore the world with Tiny, a customizable combat steambot, and discover ancient mysteries while fighting in real-time action.
- Research, craft, and upgrade your infrastructure. Research new structures, craft more advanced gear, and spend infrastructure points to best suit your play style.
- Balance between expensive expansion and disposable buildings to be left behind. Manage your fuel and weight carefully – you can’t take everything with you!
- Defend your city against the Dream Plagues. The longer you stay in the same area the stronger they get, until they grow so strong and numerous that no one can withstand their assault.
- Survive until the last moment – then fly off and begin anew in a new area and a different biome… but hit the ground running with all the structures you brought with you!