A closed beta for Severed Steel, the stylish first-person shooter from Digerati and developer Greylock Studio, will take place 14-21 July. PC players interested in participating can sign-up now via the Severed Steel Discord: https://discord.gg/JVWwCBtT
The beta will include the following content:
- 10 campaign levels.
- 10 arcade mode levels.
- New game modifying ‘mutators’ (including ‘floor is lava’ and ‘dive into wall run’).
- New enemies (including jetpacks and flamethrowers).
Beta players will be invited to provide feedback, which will help inform the final stages of development ahead of the game’s launch later this year. The Severed Steel open beta follows the game’s appearance in the recent Steam Next Fest, where it was one of the top 15 most downloaded demos during the event. Changes based on player feedback gathered during Steam Next Fest will be implemented for the beta build, including tweaks to movement speed, HUD, and weapon balancing.
About the game
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands.
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights.
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon.
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI.
Severed Steel launches later this year for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.