Indie game studio Sigono have today released a gameplay trailer for their upcoming narrative adventure Opus: Echo of Starsong, along with the first free demo of the game on Steam. The game is the third installment in the award-winning Opus series, following previous titles Opus: The Day we Found Earth and Opus: Rocket of Whispers. It is due to be released on PC via Steam later this year.
Opus: Echo of Starsong follows Eda and Lee, two star-crossed adventurers who team up to uncover the source of a mysterious outer space radiance known as the ‘Starsong’. Gameplay moves between visual novel style storytelling, puzzle-solving, galaxy charting, space navigating, and third person exploration, as Eda and Lee chart a course to the heart of the galaxy.
- Seeing is believing – A distinct blend of hand-drawn illustrations and low-poly art lend an eerie beauty to a war-torn, lawless galaxy.
- Starstruck heroes – Follow protagonists Lee and Eda as they explore forgotten corners of the galaxy and unravel the truth behind an ancient myth.
- Space Opera – Thoughtful sound design and beautifully composed music weaves into the story of the mysterious ‘Starsong’.
- Stronger Together – Use Eda’s voice to locate the elusive asteroid temples, and then disembark as Lee to explore and solve the puzzles within.
- Motley crew – Meet a diverse cast of enemies and allies on the journey, each with a backstory tied to the troubled history of the solar system.
- Don’t lose your way – Manage the ship’s resources and upgrade it as you chart a path through the stars, crossing into unknown and dangerous territory.
‘We aim to improve ourselves with each new installment of the Opus series,’ says Scott Chen, co-founder of Sigono. ‘Echo of Starsong is the best yet, with absorbing gameplay and a really heartfelt story. I think it is one of the games that really tugs at the player’s heartstrings, and I’m really proud of what we’ve achieved.’