Headup and Xelo Games are excited to announce that the first-person survival platformer, Escape from Naraka, will be available on Steam today for $ 14.99 / € 14,99 / £ 11.99 including a 10% release discount. Set in a nightmarish Balinese temple, Escape from Naraka will test your platforming and parkour skills through a wide range of challenges, obstacles, enemies, and trials scattered across a wide variety of stages.
To make navigating this hellscape more manageable, the protagonist has access to unique abilities, which curious players can also use to discover a plethora of secrets. While Escape from Naraka was inspired by games like SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell, Dark Deception, and DOOM, the team at Xelo Games decided to give it a special touch by using 3D scan technology to incorporate real life artifacts, various art from Balinese mythology as well as real temples, and also used traditional Balinese instruments for composing the soundtrack.
“We’re really happy that the game is out in the wild and can’t wait for players to jump into the full experience!”, said Irfan Sarwono, Game Director at Xelo Games. “The demo version already attracted a big number of highly skilled players, so it’s going to be really exciting to see how fast they’ll be able to run through the levels and find different routes that will help them achieve better times.”
For more details, check out the official Steam page and the official release trailer:
About Escape from Naraka
Escape from Naraka is a first-person survival platformer with rich Balinese world-building. Taking huge inspiration from Balinese legends and local mythology, the game tasks you with platforming your way through a nightmarish temple. Every level will challenge you in a new and exciting way, with several themed stages, each with their own trials to complete. You will have to master the arts of dodging and timing to survive!
- Exotic Balinese themed levels full of platforming challenges, traps, and dangerous encounters.
- Your path to freedom will be blocked by terrifying enemies that stand your way.
- Unique abilities which are essential for your successful escape.
- Lots of secrets to uncover for eagle-eyed explorers.
- Leaderboards for each level and one for the complete run so you can see how you fare against others.
- Unique cultural world-building using real Balinese artifacts and 3D scan technology.
- RTX support: Ray-traced shadows and reflections, NVIDIA DLSS, RTX Global Illumination.
- Razer Chroma support.