Developer Crafting Legends is excited to announce that its first major title and highly anticipated game Death Trash is released on Steam Early Access, GOG and itch.io on August 5th, 2021. Death Trash will also be released on the Epic Games Store, date still to be determined.
Death Trash is planned to remain in Early Access for one year or longer, depending on game quality and development progress. The final release version of the game will also be available on Xbox, Playstation and the Nintendo Switch.
The recent E3 presence of Death Trash and its successful demo release during Steam’s Next Fest were lauded with a few “Best Of” mentions. This comes after years of close attention from press, community and industry peers since starting development in 2015 as a solo development effort and only recently expanding it to a team.
About Death Trash
Death Trash is a post-apocalyptic Action RPG where cosmic horrors long for humanity but meet punks with shotguns. It combines old-school role-playing, modern action gameplay and player freedom.
Death Trash features an open role-playing world with handcrafted levels, a strong single player story campaign and the option to play that same campaign in local co-op.
The game offers real-time gameplay with ranged and melee combat, stealth, multiple choice dialogue, an inventory of items and worms, a crafting system and skills like pickpocketing and puking.
Extensive attention has been given to user options, including for example innovative mouse controls that can dynamically switch between keyboard and point & click based movement.
- A post-apocalyptic world with punks, science fiction, cosmic flesh titans, grotesque elements and trash-talking.
- Gameplay featuring combat, stealth, dialogue, inventory management and item crafting.
- Thick atmosphere, fresh dialogue and harsh combat.
- Grungy pixel art style unique to this game.
- Visual character customization and roleplaying attributes.
- Use special powers through implants in- and outside combat.
- Any character in this world can be killed.
- Empowering the player by building on imagination, freedom and choices.
- Supports both mouse/keyboard and controller.
- Optional local co-op where a second player can drop in and out anytime.