Punk indie supergroup Team Lazerbeam have announced their latest project, a surreal choice-based adventure game set in a nineties wrestling ring titled ‘Wrestling With Emotions: New Kid on the Block.’ The game is a sequel to their 2016 itch.io release ‘Wrestling With Emotions: The Quest for the Perfect Match’ – an ambitious new adventure set in the same offbeat world.
Taking place six years after the original game, New Kid on the Block casts the player as a rookie wrestler on the hunt for love in the world’s biggest promotion. Befriend, seduce, enrage and bodyslam a diverse cast of musclebound heartthrobs in a one-of-a-kind experience that flips the classic dating simulator upside down and powerbombs it through a ringside table.
- Tower of Power – Craft a new persona with the ‘Look Out Lovers’ character creator, combining props and accessories to create your own dazzling dreamboat!
- Lay the Smackdown – Build loving relationships, lifelong friendships and bitter rivalries with a diverse cast of suplex superstars!
- Simply Flawless – Play by your own rules! Shape your character and steer their path through the promotion, with multiple endings based on your choices.
- Genetically Jacked, Athletically Stacked – Level up your M.E.A.T. (Muscle, Elegance, Attitude & Theatrics) stats and carve out a space in wrestling history!
- Cause I’m That Damn Good – Develop unique signature moves as you fight your way to the top and find yourself by becoming someone else!
- Gimme a Hell Yeah – Enjoy punk graphics and surreal songs in classic Team Lazerbeam style!