Severed Steel, the fast-paced, wall-running, sliding and diving single-player first-person shooter from developer Greylock Studios and publisher Digerati, launches today on Steam (10am PT/7pm CEST), Epic Games Store, GOG, and other PC storefronts with a 10% discount for a limited time. A Deluxe Digital Edition that includes the full game and official soundtrack, featuring over three hours of electronic music recorded and composed by Floating Door, will also be available for purchase. In addition, anyone who owns the game on Steam will be able to download a Severed Steel Digital Artbook for free. Inspired by games such as Black, Mirror’s Edge, F.E.A.R., and Half-Life mod ‘The Specialists’, Severed Steel is a heart-pounding rush of acrobatic stunts, bullet-time, no weapon reloading, destructible environments, and intense gunplay. The breakneck shooter has already proven popular with players – the participating demo in this summer’s Steam Next Fest quickly became one of the event’s most downloaded.
Severed Steel is the debut game from Greylock Studio, aka Matt Larrabee. A seasoned hobbyist programmer and modder, and former middle-school computer science teacher, Larrabee taught himself C++. After gaining invaluable experience with the open Morrowind Engine, he moved onto Unreal Engine 4 and began work on Severed Steel in 2019. To mark Severed Steel‘s arrival on PC, a new trailer has been released:
Severed Steel consists of two main modes: ‘Campaign’ and ‘Firefight’. Campaign features six compact story chapters to blast through in the role of one-armed protagonist Steel as she battles against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys. Firefight is an arcade-styled mode and gives players 30 levels to complete and unlock with the highest score and fastest time possible for leaderboard acclaim. It includes over 20 unlockable gameplay modifying ‘Mutators’, such as Big Heads, Paintball, Low Gravity, and Floor Is Lava. In addition, an editor tool allows users to create and share new levels, a selection of which will be available to download from Steam Workshop today. Five difficulty modes and a range of accessibility options ensures Severed Steel can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels.
About the game
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands.
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights.
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon.
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI.
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 30 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying ‘Mutators’.
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys.
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more.
- Level Editor (with Steam Workshop support): Build levels and share them with the community. Note: This feature is in beta and will continue to be updated post-launch.
Severed Steel will launch for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch early next year.