The third-person RPG Starlight Alliance is now available simultaneously on Steam and Nintendo Switch! Created by Bernhard Politsch of origamihero games and featuring frantic “bullet hell” style action, Starlight Alliance tells an endearing, haunting story about a future Earth enshrouded in darkness – and how far two very different individuals will go to make things right.
Welcome to the future – where everything is automated, recycling is at 99.9% efficiency, and Earth is at its peak. Humans and aliens now live side-by-side in sky cities far above the planet’s inhospitable surface. It all could have been perfect … but it wasn’t meant to last. Mysteriously, the automated systems started to fail, the drone networks began to act – and nobody knows quite why. Two strangers, Lea and Cyris, each experience these system failures in two different ways and find themselves brought together by unforeseen circumstances. As a team, they’ll soon uncover terrible secrets on the Earth’s surface and find a chance at salvation … somewhere in the cold grasp of space!
Opt to shoot your troubles away … or punch them! You can avoid bullets by repelling them with the shield system– or just, you know, punch a bot really hard in the face. Whatever works, right? But don’t think that combat can solve everything. Quite the opposite, actually: Getting through forsaken alien cities or Earth’s wasteland will require some thinking, crafting, and exploration. Consider your choices carefully – and you just might live to see the end of the story.
“Playing games since the late ‘80s left quite an impression on me,” says Bernhard Politsch – programmer, musician, writer, and artist at origamihero games. “I’m a game developer because I want to recreate that feeling of entering those strange new worlds and in a way become part of them. In Starlight Alliance, I pay tribute to the legendary sci-fi action RPGs of the ‘90s – whose characters and stories made a huge impression on me growing up. The world of Starlight Alliance used to be mine. Now it’s yours.”
- Switch between two playable characters at any time.
- Explore a colorful yet dark dystopian environment – on Earth and in space!
- Enjoy an original chiptune soundtrack.
- Engage in fast-paced combat with two fighting styles: Shoot or Punch!
- Solve light puzzles featuring jumping, shooting, warping, and more.
- Gather materials and craft new armor, shields, and weapons.
- Follow the main story or delve into side quests.
- Gain experience, level up, and learn new skills!
- Face multiple bosses or take part in more challenging fights against several powerful opponents.
- Play through a 15-hour long campaign.